Skip navigation

newsroom

newsroom

York Viva Bus Rapid Transit Construction – Year in Review

December 22, 2015

The vision of rapid transit is becoming a reality across York Region MARKHAM, December 22, 2015 – This year, significant progress was made on the implementation of the York Region Viva Bus Rapid Transit [vivaNext]. The Davis Drive rapidway in Newmarket opened in November. This new “Yellow” Viva route travels within dedicated median transit lanes…

read more

see all media releases

in the news

in the news

in the news

Keeping you informed and up-to-date with the latest news and information relating to transit talk throughout the GTHA.

see all in the news items

connect with us

Local businesses help support their community - check out this photo of the Davis Leather Football Club. Davis Leather was a Newmarket business in the early 1900s owned by the Davis family, who Davis Drive was named after.
#ShopDavis #Shop7 #ShopYonge
Photo Credit: King Township Museum
#ShopYonge this weekend! Shoutout to
@topperscanada
#SnapFitness
#MrDumpling
#HillsideVetClinic
#ZonasII https://t.co/1zoBV7Vnze

subscribe to notices

blog

blog image

farms need cities

Most people would agree that outside the city limits, there should be rural, green space. It’s important for agriculture, for wildlife, and for us to experience our natural landscape. The Oak Midges Moraine Act [2001] and the Greenbelt Act [2005] together protect 69% of York Region’s land. Considering York Region’s fast growth, the remaining 31% [...]

read more

see all blog entries

....