Are you interested in working with the vivaNext team? See links below for current employment opportunities with vivaNext.
The Regional Municipality of York coordinates recruitment opportunities on behalf of the York Region Rapid Transit Corporation and posts them at www.york.ca. YRT/Viva handles the day-to-day operations of bus transit in York Region, and contracts their bus driver services to three different private companies. For employment opportunities with YRT/Viva please visit their website at www.yrt.ca.
Design Chief, Infrastructure and Development 20384
Location: Markham / Ontario
Date Posted: February 16, 2017
Date Closing: March 1, 2017
Number Of Positions:1
Reporting to the President YRRTC, and as a member of the senior management team, is responsible for leadership in the promotion, direction and guidance for the planning, design and delivery of the objectives of the rapid transit program in York Region within key areas including:
- supporting and strengthening the evolution of the viva rapid transit brand and sustainable design agenda;
- identifying and securing high quality consulting services;
- leading and guiding the planning, design and delivery of regional terminals, support facilities and the regional park and ride strategy;
- identifying, planning, evaluating and implementing development opportunities and requirements supporting the Regional rapid transit and subway corridor networks, ensuring alignment with the Region and YRRTC’s long term strategic and operational plans;
- providing strategic leadership and guidance for the planning and implementation of the reposition of the Region’s rapid transit property assets for disposition and for the definition of lands required for the rapid transit subway networks and facilities programs;
- supporting the identification, evaluation, planning and implementation of new business and/or funding models to expand the Region’s rapid transit network and to meet the objectives of the Region’s Transportation Master Plan;
- supporting the identification, evaluation, planning and implementation of opportunities through cooperation and co-ventures with other regional initiatives, departments, outside agencies and other public and private funding bodies;
- developing and maintaining relationships with public and private partners, agencies and funding bodies;
- negotiating terms with third parties and developing partners that align with Regional objectives; and,
- consulting and providing regular and timely reports and critical information to YRRTC staff and the corporation’s Board of Directors.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Architecture, Planning or Business or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in planning and real estate development activities including increasing responsible management experience, preferably in both public and private sector practice.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and experience with large, complex, multi-faceted projects and agreements.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of financial budget and business planning processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant planning and development related legislation, Regional and Municipal by-laws and Provincial policy framework.
- Sound understanding of related Regional businesses, programs and services.
- Working knowledge of the services and businesses performed at the local Municipal level.
- Demonstrated project management experience on large scale initiatives.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability and flexibility/adaptability.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in strategic planning, change management design, process and implementation strategies to optimize both quality and cost-effectiveness of delivery of its areas of business.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, data base and presentation software.
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgement and diplomacy and to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrated political acumen and ability to facilitate and present information to a varied audience.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
How to Apply
This is a non-union position with York Region Rapid Transit Corporation at 3601 Highway 7 in Markham, ON. Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by March 1, 2017, quoting competition # 20384. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
York Region Rapid Transit Corporation
c/o The Regional Municipality of York
HR Services Branch
17250 Yonge Street
$145,866 – $ 171,528 annually.