Are you interested in working with the vivaNext team? See links below for current employment opportunities with vivaNext.
The Regional Municipality of York coordinates recruitment opportunities on behalf of the York Region Rapid Transit Corporation and posts them at www.york.ca. YRT/Viva handles the day-to-day operations of bus transit in York Region, and contracts their bus driver services to three different private companies. For employment opportunities with YRT/Viva please visit their website at www.yrt.ca.
Project Administrator I/II 20769
Department / Branch: York Region Rapid Transit Corporation
Status: Temporary Full-Time - approx. 2 years
Location: Markham / Ontario
Date Posted: May 12, 2017
Date Closing: May 26, 2017
Number Of Positions: 1
Reporting to the Design Chief, Infrastructure and Development, is responsible for applying administrative support to senior staff and for large projects related to the successful delivery of rapid transit initiatives (vivaNext) within the Region; applying administrative and organizational skills and expertise to contribute to the completion of work within an assigned functional area; ensuring communications and quality control related to the project.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project Administrator I: Minimum one (1) year/Project Administrator II: Minimum three (3) years relevant experience demonstrating significant success in managing related senior level administrative work and projects.
- Experience in or knowledge of public transportation or government.
- Understanding of municipal, regional and provincial operations.
- Knowledge of project administration.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability and flexibility/adaptability.
- Demonstrated administrative skills.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications including spreadsheet, word processing, data base, presentation and scheduling applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills on technical and non-technical matters.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to travel to off site locations, in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
How to Apply
This is a non-union position with York Region Rapid Transit Corporation at 3601 Highway 7 in Markham, ON. Please apply on-line at york.ca by May 26, 2017, quoting competition # 20769, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with # 20769 in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
York Region Rapid Transit Corporation
c/o The Regional Municipality of York
HR Services Branch
17250 Yonge Street
Project Administrator I Salary: $59,032 - $ 67,033 annually.
Project Administrator II Salary: $64,344 - $ 73,086 annually.