Are you interested in working with the vivaNext team? See links below for current employment opportunities with vivaNext.
The Regional Municipality of York coordinates recruitment opportunities on behalf of the York Region Rapid Transit Corporation and posts them at www.york.ca. YRT/Viva handles the day-to-day operations of bus transit in York Region, and contracts their bus driver services to three different private companies. For employment opportunities with YRT/Viva please visit their website at www.yrt.ca.
Department / Branch: York Region Rapid Transit Corporation
Status: Temporary Full-Time
Length of Assignment: 2 Year Contract
Location: Markham / Ontario
Date Posted: June 13, 2017
Date Closing: June 26, 2017
Number Of Positions: 1
YRRTC is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At YRRTC, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Reporting to the Chief Corporate Counsel - YRRTC, is responsible for providing advice on a broad range of legal issues to the York Region Rapid Transit Corporation (YRRTC), including advice on commercial transactions, construction projects, operational issues, tendering and contract procurement, strategic initiatives, land development and risk management; assisting senior staff in negotiations with external agencies and partners at municipal, provincial and federal levels and in the private sector; coordinating and liaising with Regional Legal Services on wide range of legal matters.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Law (L.L.B.) or Juris Doctor Degree (J.D.).
- Membership in good standing as a Lawyer in the Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Minimum one to three (1-3) years general and/or specialized experience in the area of Corporate/Commercial Law.
- Knowledge of Municipal Law, Real Estate Law, Contract Law and Procurement Law would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of legislation, regulations, guidelines, procedures and standards relevant to YRRTC.
- Knowledge of current development in the law and their application to YRRTC responsibilities and initiatives.
- Knowledge of regulations, guidelines, procedures, standards and legislation relevant to Commercial Law including the Municipal Act and an understanding of the Regional governmental structure.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for use on YRRTC business.
- Effective interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with members of YRRTC and its Board, and staff of Regional departments, corporations, boards and other government agencies.
- Proven analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgement and discretion in dealing with privileged or controversial matters.
- Demonstrated political acumen and ability to negotiate, facilitate, mediate, and present information to a varied audience.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software and internet applications.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
How to Apply
Please note that this is not a York Region position.
This is a non-union position with York Region Rapid Transit Corporation at 3601 Highway 7 in Markham, ON.
Please apply on-line at york.ca by June 26, 2017, quoting competition # 20910, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with # 20910 in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
York Region Rapid Transit Corporation
c/o The Regional Municipality of York
HR Services Branch
17250 Yonge Street
$115,959 – $136,425 annually.