Nighttime lane closures on Davis Drive
August 30, 2011
What type of work is being done?
Approximately 45 test holes will be dug along the north and south sides of Davis Drive, from Yonge Street to Roxborough Road. The work will start on August 31 and will take place over two nights, from 7pm to 7am.
Why is this being done?
The test holes will help determine the location of underground utilities and pipes in preparation for the next phase of rapidway construction.
What does the work include?
- Test holes will be dug in the side boulevard and road.
- Each test hole will take approximately 30 minutes to dig.
- Two hydrovacs (truck-mounted vaccums) will work in tandem along the corridor to complete the work quickly.
- Work after 10pm will be in commercial areas.
- Each hole will be filled and paved before the hydrovac moves to the next location.
What impact will there be?
- Nightly lane closures along Davis Drive, starting with closing one eastbound lane and then moving to close one westbound lane.
- Continuous noise and vibration from the hydrovac.
- If sidewalks need to be detoured signs will be in place to direct pedestrians.
- Bus stops will remain open.
- Work will be completed as quickly as possible to minimize any inconvenience.
If you have questions about the Davis Drive rapidway project, please contact Andrea Witty, Community Liaison Specialist at email@example.com or 1-877-464-9675, ext. 1022.