Pre-construction activities underway
April 29, 2011
Beginning the first week of May, and over the next few months, there will be various activities taking place on Highway 7 between Islington Avenue and Yonge Street.
Why is this work taking place?
VivaNext continues to work on the preliminary design and engineering of the rapidways. This requires further technical investigative work to ensure the accuracy of drawings, property lines and environmental records.
What type of work is being done?
- Geotechnical investigations to determine pavement thickness and integrity of the material underneath
- Utility investigation to determine location of various utilities and identify any conflicts
- Surveyors are taking measurements and confirming property needs
What impact will there be?
- A couple of these activities involve lane closures during off-peak hours (9:30am - 3:30pm)
- The most noticeable impact will be the geotechnical investigation work, which involves drilling small (10 cm) holes at 200-metre intervals along the road
- If your property is directly impacted as a result of the survey work, you will be personally contacted by York Region property services personnel
How long will all this work take?
- The geotechnical investigations should be completed in three to four weeks
- The utility work is only taking place between Highway 400 and Creditstone, and will be completed within two to three weeks. Utility work for the rest of the corridor will be done at a later date
- Surveys will take approximately two weeks to complete
Visit the project page on our website for more details and visuals: vivanext.com/highway7_vaughan
For more information about the vivaNext plan and to receive project updates, please visit vivanext.com, or contact your Community Liaison, Nimisha Raja.