Installation of temporary traffic signals begins
February 24, 2011
Construction continues to advance on Highway 7 with the installation of temporary traffic signals between Bayview Avenue and Highway 404 beginning the week of February 28.
What does this work involve?
- Surveying for pole locations and delivery of poles
- Installation of temporary traffic and pedestrian signals
- Switching over of traffic signals
How long will this work take?
- Approximately one week at each intersection
- All intersections completed by April 2011
- Switching to the temporary signals will take place during off-peak hours (9:30am to 3:30pm) with police officers on site to manage traffic flow
What impact will there be?
- Every effort will be made to minimize impacts on pedestrians and traffic flow; maintaining public safety is a top priority
- Any required lane closures will take place during off-peak hours
- YRT\Viva riders will be notified if any transit stop locations are affected; normal service will continue